Favorite game of all time?

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Walking Dead in Japan!!!

Sorry for being gone for so long. Life has been up and down but I am back and in a bigger zombie loving mood than ever! :)

Recently I was introduced to a new anime series that instantly caught my eye from just the title by itself even. It grabbed me and pulled me in violently only to sink its teeth in and turn me into a devoted fanboy to the show. I speak of Highschool Of The Dead.



It is based on the manga of the same title which has 6 volumes out so far and it is still being made as far as I know. The show has already been licensed in the US I hear so we may see it soon we can only hope.

Don't think of this as a lighthearted cartoon that just happens to have zombies in it along with heavy censorship. No, this is bloody, brutal, and there are a countless moments where you see ladies undergarments flashing. It even backs up every moment of flashing and terror with an equal amount of fast paced action to keep you on edge and wanting to see more and more.

I am trying really hard not to blurt out any of the storyline on here so you will either watch it or read it but I must tell you that it is well worth it if you either like anime or love zombies.

The zombies in HOTD are most similar to Romero zombies above anything else. The only differences being that they are blind so they travel by sound and that the infection travels much faster from person to person. It can infect a person and turn them into a zombie in anything from a few seconds to a few minutes as we see examples of both in just the first episode. Those differences aside they did play tribute to Romero zombies as well as many tributes to other popular movies you all probably know. My sister even pointed out to me that one of the songs near the end of the first episode is the song from 28 Days Later. So keep an eye out for it just for laughs.

Well I suggest you look up this show and watch it and buy the DVD once it comes to the US. It's well worth it from what I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment